Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Childhood flashback

It was approximately 10 years ago when i first experienced it. I didn't understand what it was, how to use it, or why it had a cord with a hemispehere shaped object attached. I hadn't thought of it since the newer versions had come about. Not until last week that is.

Last week in my thursday morning lecture i found it funny that the man standing before me had managed to create a childhood flashback in my head. He did this by mentioning the word IBM. It was then that i actually tuned in to what he was talking about.

I got my first computer approximately 10 years ago and it was an IBM. Last week's lecture got me thinking: I really cannot believe the technological change that has happened in the past ten years alone. The difference between my first computer and the computer i have now is enormous. Let's hope tomorrow morning's lecture finds a way of grabbing my attention as effectively as last weeks did.

No comments:

Post a Comment